INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 4TH CARLIGH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Ghana (CARLIGH) is pleased to announce and open registration for the 4th CARLIGH International Conference.
The CARLIGH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE is a premier forum for Information Professionals, Researchers, Academics, Publishers, Book Vendors etc. to present their latest research outputs, ideas, and developments, and to share activities and initiatives to enhance learning, teaching and research approaches. In addition, a pre-conference workshop and an exhibition of information resources and other technologies by vendors are organised alongside. The International Conference also oﬀers opportunities for both formal and informal networking and intellectual discourse among participants to promote discussions and sharing of knowledge, experiences and expertise on developments in learning, teaching and research as well as on global best practices.
- Enhancing Information Access in an Era of ChatGPT and other AI” SUB THEMES
- Emerging creativity and innovations in accessing information
- Curriculum requirements to meet skill-sets needed for relevant information science education
- Trends and issues in higher education delivery in the era of AI and Tik Tok
- Exploring new skill sets expected of information service provide and user
- Open Access and other Open initiatives in ensuring free access to information.
CONFERENCE VENUE AND DATES
Venue: GIMPA Executive Conference Centre (GECC), Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, Achimota – Accra, Ghana
Date: Monday 6th May to Friday 10th May, 2024.
Pre-Conference Workshop: Monday, 6th May to Tuesday, 7th May, 2024
Conference: Wednesday, 8th May to Friday, 10th July, 2024
This 4th conference will bring together representatives of a wide range of professionals, including: Information Specialists (e.g. Librarians, Archivists, and Journalists etc.), IT professionals, Academics, Researchers, Policy Makers, Book Vendors, Publishers, Administrators, and Industrialists from higher research and educational institution as well as related organizations from around the world in a dynamic and interactive forum.
- Sir Dr. Sam Jonah, Chancellor, University of Cape Coast and Chairman, Jonah Capital Ltd.
- Prof. Davies, Provost, College of Education, University of Cape Coast
Topic: Curriculum requirements to meet skill-sets to providing relevant information science education
- Prof. Mary Sheela Lourdusamy: Dean, Faculty of Engineering Science & Computing, Pentecost University College, Ghana, Sowutuom – Accra
Topic: Advancing smart avenues (media) for information service provision
- Prof. Ferdinand Apietu Katsriku: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Ghana
Topic: Innovation strategies for the era
- Dr. Peter Tobin: Former Director, Information Management Services (IMS), GIMPA
Topic: Trends and issues in higher education delivery in the era of the 4th industrial revolution
- Dr. Monica Mensah: Senior Lecturer, Department of Information Science, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra
Topic: Exploring new skill-sets expected of the information provider and the user
- Invitation Letter/Visa Processing Assistance
- Pre-Conference Training workshop
- Tea/Coffee Breaks
- Conference Buffet Lunch
- Conference Dinner
- Conference Souvenirs (bag, flash drive, pen and notepad, etc.)
SPECIAL CONFERENCE BENEFITS
- Great networking opportunities
- Be a member of a growing professional community
- Publication of paper presented as Conference proceedings
- Availability of Conference Proceedings in softcopy (online and electronically on a flash drive)
- Affordable comfortable accommodation
Executive Rooms GHc600.00/day or $50.00/day
Regular Rooms GHc400.00/day or $30/day
For online registration, interested participants should visit the conference portal on the CARLIGH Website (https://www.carligh.org) or click on this link https://forms.gle/hEbv1N9utcHgCav86 (https://forms.gle/hEbv1N9utcHgCav86) to complete the online registration forms and follow up with payment of the appropriate fee/s.
Exhibition and Advertisement
International: US$ 400.00
Workshop and Conference Registration Fees
CARLIGH Members GH₵1500.00
Non-CARLIGH Members GH₵1800.00
International Participants $250.00
Non-Presenter Students GH₵600.00
Workshop Only GH₵500.00
Early Bird package for institutions that present more than three participants is 5% less of the original cost. To qualify for the discount a commitment fee of GHc100 should have been paid by Wednesday, 31st January, 2024.
Payment should be made into the following accounts according to the respective categorizations (Local or International)
Account Name: CARLIGH
Bank: GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK
Branch: LEGON BRANCH
Account No.: 1031130009358
Account Name: CARLIGH
Bank: Stanbic Bank Ghana
Branch: Main Branch, Castle Road, Accra
Account No.: 9040003788118
SWIFT CODE: SBICGHAC
IMPORTANT DEADLINES TO NOTE
- Submission of Full Papers or Posters: Thursday, 29th February, 2024.
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: Wednesday, 31st January, 2024.
- Online Registration Deadline: Friday, 15th March, 2024.